DetailsTwenty year ago the Thai village of Chiang Mai was chronically poor. Economic despair forced close-knit families to split; children went to work in Bangkok's factories and village life deteriorated. Today, over 400 villagers work together to craft this beautiful metal work. Each purchase literally changes lives for the entire village.
- Intricately hand-crafted and made from metals including plated nickel, copper, and brass (no lead or harmful substances)
- Pieces are designed to be as safe as possible with a minimum of sharp corners and edges. Not intended for small children.
- Includes recycled gift box with silver ribbon
- Measures 4" x .50" x 4"
- Made fairly by workers earning a living wage in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Possibly the best ornament this year
If I knew more drummers, I would buy more of these. This is a beautifully made (and heavy) ornament. The craftsmanship is superior to anything I have seen. So worth every penny spent.