DetailsIntarsia hand knitting is one of the most time consuming and skill demanding techniques in all of apparel. Each color you see on these sweaters is knit as its own piece and then connected together. It’s a process that has been proudly passed down through generations of Peruvian artisans from the Andes, where alpaca sweaters have been staples since the time of the Incas. As fine as cashmere, softer than cotton, and warmer than wool, alpaca yarns are also hypo allergenic. Because complex intarsia knitting requires a slightly looser knit, strong acrylic is added to the yarn to help create a stable, long-lasting sweater.
- 40% alpaca, 40% acrylic, 20% wool
- Sleeve length approximately 23" from top of shoulder
- 23-inch length
- Hand-crocheted neckline and placket and hand-painted ceramic buttons
- Hand wash or dry clean
- Certified Good Fair Trade Practices by Promperu and fairly made in Arequipa, Peru
- Sizing & Fit
To ensure you get the best fit for your body type and fit preference, use the charts below. For best results, measure over undergarments at fullest part of your bust, at the natural bend in your waist (usually an inch or two above your belly button), and at the fullest part of your hip.
- Bust : S: 36, M: 39, L: 42, XL: 46
- Hip : S: 36, M: 39, L: 42, XL: 46
- Length: Approximately 23" on all sizes
From knitting circle to thriving enterprise
Tey-Art elegantly fuses a contemporary design aesthetic with ancient skills passed down through generations of artisan knitters like Nancy, who started her bustling cooperative as a mother’s knitting circle in the Peruvian Andes highlands.Learn more >